We run workshops for both adults and workshops suitable for both adults & children (please keep scrolling down for these). You can pay at the bottom of this page in full for the children’s workshops (£60.00) or for some of the other workshops you can just pay a deposit of £30.00 to secure a place.
A note to our regular children – If you already attend and have an on-going project you would like to carry on with, we can fit you into any slot. £20.00 for 2hrs / £45.00 10-3pm
WORKSHOPS FOR ADULTS ONLY (AGES 16+)
– Sunday 15th July 10:00-5:00pm –Tilly’s Dominique £75.00 not including fabric. A beautiful little skirt by Tilly with pockets. Come and make this lovely pattern with us and choose from our wide range of fabrics.
– Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd July – Beginners to Dressmaking weekend 10-4pm £85.00 per day including pattern not fabric Come and learn how to make a gorgeous summer skirt and simple top (you can opt in for either workshop or come to both). You will learn how to measure yourself and read a paper pattern and create a beautiful two piece for your holiday!
-Saturday 28th July 10-12pm – Jewellery Roll- £40.00 including materials Everyone loves a beautiful jewellery roll made from your own choice of fabric. An ideal little item to take away on your travels to organise your special things.
-Sunday 29th July 10-12pm – Lampshade Workshop – £50.00 including materials Do you not ever seem to find the right shade to match yor interior? Well look no longer! You can choose your own fabric and make your very own – learn how to in this 2 hr workshop
– Saturday 4th August 10-6pm – ART IN THE PARK!
– Sunday 5th August 10-6pm – ART IN THE PARK!
– Saturday 11th August – Learn to Sew Stretch Knit – Tilly’s Coco Dress/Top/Tunic – £85.00 including pattern (you will just need to choose your fabric which you can purchase in our lovely shop or bring your own) This workshop is a great starter for those who wish to learn how to sew using a twin needle and work with stretch knit or jersey.
– Sunday 12th August 10-5pm – Roman Blinds made Easy – £90.00 including sample material (finished sample size – drop of blind 60cms x half a fabric width) If you want to treat yourself to a day of learning on how to construct your very own bllinds then sign up to this one! We will teach you how making blinds can be simple and look professional.
– Tuesday 18th August – 1-4pm – Machine Lined Curtains – £60.00 including sample material (Finished sample size is 50cms drop x 1 width of fabric) Take the question mark out of curtain making with Carolyn. We will show you a great way to sew your own curtains so they will ensure a professional finish.
– Saturday 18th August 10-12pm – Hand Embroidery- £40.00 Come along and learn the beautiful art of hand embroidery with Holly. You will learn the basic stitches to create a wonderful piece of art in a hoop for your home. You will then be able to transfer your skills onto decorating your items of choice, whether it is a denim jacket or decoration on your favourite jeans.
– Sunday 19th August 10-1pm – Merchant and Mills Bolster Cushion £50.00 includes thread, zip and pattern not including material as we like to leave you to choose this yourself This stunning addition to your home not only gives you comfort but will look beautiful pride of place on your sofa. Learn how to put in a lapped zip and choose your own fabric so that it matches your decor. If your friends are interested to do this with you we are offering a buy 4 and you get your place free!
– Sunday 19th August 10-5pm – Merchant and Mills 101 Trousers – £76.50 includes your pattern but not including material as we like to leave you to choose this yourself Everyone needs a cosy pair of slouchy trousers to wear around the house – Especially if they feel as comfy as pyjamas! We are sure that these drawstring trousers will be one of your favourite items!
-Saturday 25th August 10-12:30pm – Freemachine Workshop – £40.00 including materials Yet another fun gathering to have a giggle and be creative! – Learn to unleash your inner Picasso and ‘paint with your stitches’. Rather than allowing the machine to go in a straight line you will learn how to create a beautiful composition with a pile of fabrics you love and stitch them down with a more creative approach. This workshop is great for those who just want to have a bit of fun and learn what else your sewing machine is capable of! You are welcome to come along to one of the following weeks and make your sample into a lampshade or cushion.
-Sunday 26th August 10-3:00pm – Large Patchwork Floor Cushion £50.00 including materials not cushion pad It’s BIG! And will be great to lounge on during the Summer – We’re quite sure the children will steal it from you too! A wonderful opportunity to make a large floor cushion and learn how to Patchwork 🙂
Friday August 31st – Merchant & Mills – Jack Tar – 10-3pm – £65.00 not inc. materials but it includes pattern. If booking please order additional parts kit if you require leather fastenings
– Saturday 1st September 10-4pm – Tote Bag Beginners Day – £87.00 including materials Wonderful opportunity to come and learn how the sewing machine works. learn to fill a bobbin, thread the machine and sew, button hole, make hems and seams and much much more!
– Sunday 2nd September 10-4pm – 10-1pm – Shopper Bag Workshop – £40.00 not including materials (we like to let you choose these) Great size to take with you everyday. This great little pattern you can customise with your choice of fabric which you are welcome to purchase from our beautiful shop.
– Saturday 8th and 9th September 10-4pm – Pattern Drafting Weekend! – £180.00 this will include your paper and 2mtrs calico for your toile. Come and join our exciting new pattern cutting classes in 2018 at ‘The Carolyn Rose School of Sewing’ based in Leamington Spa Warwickshire. Come and learn the basics of measuring the body correctly and taking key measurements, right through to producing your own basic block and then apply them to draft the block for your basic bodice. These calculations and skills can then be used in follow on workshops to create a jacket or coat block.
– Sunday 16th September 10-4pm – Beginners to Cushion Making Weekend! £90.00 includes materials or come along to just one.
10-12pm – Envelope Back Cushion with button fastening – £40.00 including materials Come and learn how to use the sewing machine and make a button back cushion. Learn all the very basics by creating a beautiful cushion to start to re-vamp your home using current colours and fabrics – great workshop for beginners!
1-4pm – Piped, zipped cushion (must be able to sew for this one!) – £55.00 including materials We are running this lovely workshop so you can learn how to make this professional looking cushion. Learn to insert a zip and sew a lapped opening plus learn how to pipe!
ADULTS & CHILDREN’S SUMMER WORKSHOPS – AGES 7+ YEARS
Summer Workshops – Half Day 10-12pm – £30 Whole Day 1-3pm £60 (N.B there may be an increased charge for materials on adult sizes)
School’s out for Summer! Over the Summer break we are running some really lovely workshops – Your child must be able to sew for these workshops unless marked with a B for Beginners. We also offer taster sessions for children where you can come and spend a few hours with us to see if you like it and go away with something really beautiful too! Just have a look below at the dates we have on offer:
Monday July 23rd – 10-3pm Drawstring Swimming Bag
Tuesday July 24th – 10-3pm Towelling Beach/Bath Wrap
Wednesday July 25th – 10-3pm – ‘Bean Bag’ Floor Seat
Friday July 27th – 10-3pm – Beautiful Kimono
B Saturday July 28th – 1-3pm – Beautiful envelope back cushion
Monday July 30th – 10-3pm – Comfy Shorts Unisex so all welcome!
Tuesday July 31st – 10-3pm – Off the Shoulder Top
Wednesday August 1st – 10-3pm – Patchwork Cushion
B Monday August 6th – 10-3pm – Complete Beginners Day
Tuesday August 7th – 10-3pm – Ditsy Doll
Wednesday August 8th – 10-3pm – Ditsy’s Kimono Dress
Friday August 10th – 10-3pm Drawstring Swimming Bag
Monday August 13th – 10-3pm Towelling Beach/Bath Wrap
Tuesday August 14th – Children’s Taster Session 10-12pm -1-3pm Small Drawstring Bag
Wednesday August 15th – ‘Bean Bag’ Floor Seat
Friday August 17th – Beautiful Kimono
B Saturday August 18th – 10-3pm Perfect Mini Tote Bag
Monday August 20th – 10-3pm – Comfy Shorts Unisex so all welcome!
Tuesday August 21st – 10-3pm – Off the Shoulder Top
Wednesday August 22nd – 10-3pm – Patchwork Cushion
B Friday August 24th – Complete Beginners Day – Useful Sugar Bag Bottom Bag
Tuesday August 28th – Ditsy Doll
Wednesday August 29th – Ditsy’s Kimono
Thursday August 30th 10-4pm – Stevie Top – Tilly and the Buttons – Adults and Children £75.00 not inc. materials but it does include your pattern
B Saturday August 25th – 1-3pm Small Drawstring Bag
B Monday 29th October – 10am-3pm – One Day Beginners to Sewing – £60.00 including materials
B Tuesday 30th October – 10am-12pm – Design and make your own envelope back cushion – £30.00 including materials
B Tuesday 30th October – 1pm-3pm Mini Lined Tote Bag with cheeky pocket! – £30.00 including materials
B Wednesday 31st October – 10am-12pm – Drawstring Bag – £30.00 including materials
B Wednesday 31st October – 1pm-3pm – Halloween Mask – £30.00 including materials
Thursday 1st November – 10am-3pm – Make a Winter skirt with pockets! – £30.00 including materials
B Friday 2nd November – 10am-12pm – Learn to Patchwork – £30.00 including materials
B Friday 2nd November – 1pm-3pm Pom-pom scarf/bunting/garland – £30.00 including materials
B November 3rd – 1-3pm – Small Drawstring Bag
*All workshops will need to be booked prior to the day. Please ring us before booking to ensure that there are spaces left. You will need to bring a packed lunch (if your child is staying for the full day there will be an additional £5 charge) for the children or adults workshops you are welcome to visit one of the wonderful cafes nearby for some handmade food.
Payment – Adults workshops you can pay a deposit of £30.00 to secure a place or if you were booking for your child please use this to pay in full.